Understanding between the parties:
1. My services are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a volunteer, and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation or other payment of any kind whatsoever.
2. I understand that Forever Friends Animal Rescue will be responsible for all veterinary fees but that I must consult the organisation before taking my foster pet to any vet, so they can nominate our pre-approved vet clinics, unless it is an emergency. In the case of emergency contact your Case Manager or any other Forever Friends Animal Rescue representative ASAP for advice and approval of treatments.
3. My services are furnished without any employment-type benefits, including employment insurance programs, worker’s compensation accrual in any form, holiday or sick leave.
4. I understand that Forever Friends Animal Rescue may terminate my services as a volunteer at any time at its discretion.
5. I understand that I am personally responsible for any and all financial expenses that I incur while fostering pets for Forever Friends Animal Rescue unless otherwise agreed in writing. Although Forever Friends Animal Rescue may reimburse my expenses, I agree that each expense must be supported by receipts and must be pre-approved by the Committee / Case Manager. I accept full responsibility for any expenses incurred by me that fall outside of approved expenditures.
Custody and rehoming of foster pet:
1. I understand that my role is solely as a temporary home for a foster pet, and that although my opinion regarding the match between the foster pet and potential adopters is very important given my relationship with and knowledge of my foster pet, the ultimate placement of any pets I foster will be conducted by Forever Friends Animal Rescue. It is Forever Friends Animal Rescue's responsibility to review, interview and ultimately approve potential adopters.
2. Accordingly, I acknowledge that any foster pet is the property of Forever Friends Animal Rescue and I will return the foster pet to Forever Friends Animal Rescue if I am requested to do so.
3. I fully understand that Forever Friends Animal Rescue expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of the animals under its care. I will adhere strictly to these standards in my capacity as a volunteer.
4. I will remember in all my dealings with the public as a foster volunteer that that members of the public will consider my words and actions to be representative of the attitudes and positions of Forever Friends Animal Rescue as an organisation. I understand that as an individual, I am not authorised to speak for Forever Friends Animal Rescue, nor can I enter into any agreements on behalf of Forever Friends Animal Rescue.
5. I understand and support the mission of Forever Friends Animal Rescue, which is to provide shelter and care for animals; to provide programs and services that enhance the bond between animals and people; and to be advocates for animals as they cannot speak for themselves.
6. I agree to not leave a Forever Friends Animal Rescue foster pet in anyone else’s care unless that person is pre-approved by the Case Manager of Forever Friends Animal Rescue.
7. I agree not to let my foster dog off-lead at any time, even in dog parks or breaches, a long lead or rope is acceptable.
8. I agree to not take any other pets/foster animals into my care or home (short or long term) during the time I am actively fostering for Forever Friends Animal Rescue without the approval of Forever Friends Animal Rescue.
9. I understand that Forever Friends Animal Rescue cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the temperament, behaviour, or health of foster pets that I may handle. I am aware that foster pets may cause damage to my personal property, other pets, and humans. I will keep dogs securely housed at all times while in my care.
Release of foster pet:
1. I understand that the handling of animals and other volunteer activities may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me or my personal property. On behalf of myself, and my heirs’ personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless
Forever Friends Animal Rescue and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my volunteer activities.
By agreeing, I hereby accept a position as a volunteer foster carer for Forever Friends Animal Rescue, upon the above terms, conditions and understandings. I hereby acknowledge the above terms and conditions and agree to abide by them during the entire time I am fostering pets for Forever Friends Animal Rescue. I also acknowledge that this Agreement, forms the basis of my relationship with Forever Friends Animal Rescue in a volunteer capacity.